General Assembly is the supreme governing authority of CLADE. All its members participate: national coalitions, regional networks and international, non-governmental organisations. Among the responsibilities and powers of the General Assembly are:
- The approval of the report of activities made by the Steering Committee and the Executive Coordination
- Determining policies, principles and political agenda of CLADE
- Electing the Steering Commitee members
- Examining the audited Financial Report and approving general budget
- Amend by-laws
- Make final decisions regarding membership submissions
According to the new by-laws approved in 2010, Assembly shall meet in Ordinary Session each two years, for a mid-term evaluation, and after a governing period of four years. The place, the date and the pre-agenda of General Assembly will be determined by the Steering Committee.
Please find all the information about our General Assemblies below:
VII Assembly: Social struggles, human rights and education. Strengthening democracies and empowering citizens in Latin America and the Caribbean. Quito, Ecuador, April 10-13, 2012. Click here to read the Declaration of Quito.